Friday, November 21, 2008

Taken from "Let it be" from the Album Black September


I cant win the fight but I got to keep pushing/
Giving up will be losing so I got to keep moving/

I lost too many friends to the HIV Virus/
How many more will I loose to the Gun Shot Violence/
Economic Situation does nothing but bind us/
On the narrow dusty streets ain’t nobody can find us/
We the lost generation with no hope for ruserrection/
We need divine intervention to save t he young black nation/
It ain’t hard to tell it was written like Nas/
Hard times define us poverty likes blacks/
Affirmative action, a shitty life is what we live/
Funerals are events, black people never miss/
A black life aint worth nothing till u see it in the wood/
That’s when u start praying asking God why they kill us/
Prejudice is what we see on a daily Fu*%% basis/
But why is it silenced like domestic violence is?


I cant win the fight but I got to keep pushing/
Giving up will be losing so I got to keep moving/

No comments: