Friday, November 21, 2008

Tribute to Ernesto Alfabeto Nhamuave


Ernesto Alfabeto Nhamuave (R.I.P)

Hey my darling don’t worry I will be back in November/
I miss you so much it seems like ave been here forever/
I already bought my train ticket I think it was back in September/
ave started counting days cos things here are getting worse/
we haven’t been to work in the last four days cos South Africa hates us/
Last night I saw on the news they burnt a man to his death/
They say they don’t like foreigners so they put tire to his neck/
They threw a petrol bomb filled with gasoline and lit his body to flames/
I didn’t have time to pack my bags cos they stole the few things that I had/
1000s of us have been forced into refugee camps/
Winter time is here and we don’t even have sleeping mats/
They burnt my shack to the ground even your photos to ashes/
I think I’ll come home earlier than I had originally wanted/
And the man they burnt to ashes that was the husband you loved/
No memories for you left cos they even took my wedding band/But don’t worry am in heaven now please look after my son….PEACE

No comments: